Collaboration on the steel industry communications
Jernkontoret's communications council consists of communication managers and communicators at Jernkontoret's co-owners and stakeholders. The council collaborates in industry-wide activities such as Ståldagen and events in Almedalen. Some industry-wide issues, such as employer branding and sustainability communication, are discussed in the council.
The council is led by Jernkontoret's communications director Maja Boström. The council meets twice a year and - among other things - study visits, courses or trainings are arranged in different constellations. In order to increase the accessibility of the members, meetings are also held digitally.
The Communications Council
- comprises a link for the transfer of information from Jernkontoret to the companies.
- discusses and promotes visibility for the Swedish steel industry.
- helps to implement decisions of Jernkontoret’s Council in the companies.
- is a sounding board and generates ideas in the planning of joint industry activities.
- collaborates prior to visits from politicians and public authorities.
- shares journalistic contacts, photographic material, school contacts, etc.
- discusses image-affecting issues.
- discusses sponsorship issues.
- is a bearer of the steel industry’s joint Vision 2050.
- is active otherwise in mutual information exchange.
Members of the Communications Council:
Åsa Brolin, AB Sandvik Materials Technology
Åsa Bäcklin, HYBRIT (Luleå)
Eva Dannberg, Erasteel Kloster AB
Håkan Deodorsson, Björneborg Steel
Karin Edfast, SSAB (Luleå)
Robert Gustafsson, Uddeholms AB
Sari Heikkinen, SSAB (Oxelösund)
Ivan Kaic, Hjulsbro Steel AB
Maria Karlsson, Suzuki Garphyttan AB
Viktoria Karsberg, SSAB AB
Margareta Kropp, Surahammars Bruks AB
Frida Morell, Outokumpu Stainless AB
Martin Mårtensson, Ovako AB
Kristin Nilsson, Ovako AB
Jonas Nordlund, Outokumpu Stainless AB
Elja Nordlöf, Sandvik Materials Technology
Kirsi Persson, Celsa Steel Service AB
Stian Pharo, Erasteel Kloster AB
Ulrika Porath, AB Sandvik Materials Technology
Ulrika Rask-Lindholm, Höganäs AB
Anna Thorell, Jernkontoret
Mia Widell, SSAB AB
Ann Wulf, Höganäs AB
Pål Åström, Outokumpu Stainless AB
Anna Östlund, SSAB (Borlänge)
Maja Boström, Jernkontoret, Secretary