Tasks of the Group
- promoting historical research concerning mining and metallurgy.
- enabling collaboration between researchers.
- submitting proposals and prioritising urgent assignments.
- arranging lectures, discussion and field studies.
- facilitating rapid publication of, and disseminating information about, the results.
Members of the History of Metallurgy Group:
Olle Wijk, former Head of R&D, Sandvik AB, Sandviken, Chairperson
Fredric Bedoire, Emeritus Professor, Kungl. Konsthögskolan
Kjersti Bosdotter, Arbetarnas Kulturhistoriska Sällskap
Clas Ericson, Metallurgical Engineer, Fagersta
Martin Fritz, Emeritus Professor, University of Gothenburg
Carl-Magnus Gagge, Director, Västmanland County Museum
Gert Magnusson, Senior Advisor, Stockholm
Anders Nordebring, Regional Archives, Uppsala
Orvar Nyquist, former MD of Jernkontoret, Stockholm
Arne Sundström, Metallurgical Engineer, Stockholm
Magdalena Tafvelin Heldner, The National Museum of Science and Technology
Catarina Karlsson, Secretary, Jernkontoret