Generating new value with available technology
Digitalisation provides new opportunities for improving efficiency, and consequently productivity, in both manufacturing and management processes. It additionally opens up the possibility of increasing customer value. Digitalisation is thus decisive for industrial development to improve competitiveness, sustainability and meet increased competition.
Although the basis of digitalisation is progress in computer technology and telecommunications, the ability of companies to capitalize on this potential depends on how both leadership and the organization develop and adapt.
Work in the technical area is carried out in thematic groups. These address specific subjects in digitalisation and consist of experts from the member companies. The thematic groups reports to the committee, which is the highest decision-making body.
Committee meetings are arranged 3-4 times per year at Jernkontoret or at member companies.
Mathias Thorén, SSAB
Helena Malmqvist, Jernkontoret
Fagersta Stainless AB, Fagersta
Höganäs AB, Höganäs
Outokumpu Stainless AB, Avesta
Ovako Sweden AB, Hofors
AB Sandvik Materials Technology, Sandviken
SSAB Europe, Borlänge
Suzuki Garphyttan AB, Garphyttan
Uddeholms AB, Hagfors
Purpose and general orientation
To gather and share knowledge on the benefits of digitalisation and its methods in
- Process control /automation, e.g. data collection, data mining, "industrial dark data", "big data", sensors, system integration, mobility, positioning, visualization, administrative systems, maintenance and robotics.
- Customer interaction, e.g. customer portals, order management, web shops and e-commerce.
- Simulation and modelling, e.g. product and process development, virtual factories and optimised design.
- New business models and customer values, e.g. design support, function guarantees and "smart products".
- Organisation and leadership, e.g. access to information, role of managers, competence needs and recruit.
How does one become a member of the technical area?
The committee of the technical area decides on acceptance of new members. You are welcome to contact the technical area’s Research Manager if you are interested in participating or if you have questions about activities, membership fees etc.