- Employs 15,700 persons.
- Employs indirectly 26,500 persons*.
- Three integrated ore-based iron and steel plants.
- Ten scrap-based steel plants.
- About fifteen finishing plants.
- Crude steel production: 4.65 million tonnes (world production: ~1,800 million tonnes).
- Special steels represent a high share of total production. Alloy steels comprise 55 % of the production.
- Very niche-oriented production with ever greater focus on steel that delivers environmental benefits from a life-cycle perspective.
- Iron raw material comprises 40 % scrap and 60 % iron ore.
- Production of approx. 2 million tonnes of residues per year, of which 80% is used internally or sold and 20% goes to landfill.
- Most of the manufactured steel products are exported.
- Export value: SEK 53 billion.
- Export volume: 3.3 million tonnes.
- Exports go to 150 countries. Almost 70 % of the total exports go to the EU.
- Major share of the feedstock input is Swedish, e.g. iron ore, scrap, electricity and limestone.
- Coke and alloying elements as well as oil and natural gas are imported.
- Energy consumption: 22 TWh.
- Electricity consumption: 4 TWh.
- Sale of 2-3 TWh of energy annually in the form of process gases, electricity and district heating.
- Emission of 2.0 ktonnes of nitrogen oxides and 1.3 ktonne of sulphur oxides.