- Three integrated ore-based iron and steel plants.
- Eleven scrap-based steel plants.
- About fifteen finishing plants.
- Crude steel production in 2021: 4.7 million tonnes (world production: 1.912 million tonnes).
- Special steels represent a high share of total production. Alloy steels comprised 56% of the production in 2021.
- Very niche-oriented production with ever greater focus on steel that delivers environmental benefits from a life-cycle perspective.
- One third of the crude steel production is scrap-based and two thirds are ore-based production (learn more: Processes).
- Production of approx. 2 million tonnes of residues (2018), of which 78% is used internally or sold and 22% goes to landfill.
- Most of the manufactured steel products are exported.
- Export value in 2020: SEK 46 billion.
- Export volume in 2020: 3.4 million tonnes.
- In 2020, steel exports went to 144 countries. Nearly 65% of the total went to the EU and Great Britain.
- Major share of the feedstock input is Swedish, e.g. iron ore, scrap, electricity and limestone.
- Coke and alloying elements as well as oil and natural gas are imported.
- Energy consumption in 2019: 21 TWh.
- Electricity consumption in 2019: 4 TWh.
- Sale of about 2 TWh of energy annually in the form of process gases, electricity and district heating.
- Emissions in 2019: 1.9 ktonnes of nitrogen oxides and 1.2 ktonnes of sulphur oxides.
- Employment in 2017: 15,700 persons.
- Indirect employment in 2017: 26,500 persons*.