27- 28 January 2022 (Start: 27 Nov. at 11.30. End: 28 Nov. at 15.00)
- Jernkontoret. It is also possible to take part via Teams.
- Kungsträdgårdsgatan 10
- Robert Vikman
- +46 8 679 17 50
The seminar aims at showing the status of the use of non-fossil carbon, i.e., processed forest residues, in steel plants in Finland and Sweden. Ongoing research programs and projects in the Nordic countries will be reviewed as well as the global development regarding use of forest residues and biomass in steel making.
At a workshop during day 2 of the seminar, further work in the field will be discussed and ideas for a joint Swedish-Finnish research project will be considered.
The seminar will cover issues regarding:
- Targets regarding minimizing the use of fossil carbon in the metals industry.
- Availability of bioresources in the Nordic countries
- International views on the use of biocarbon and forest residues for steel making
- Actions taken in other forest rich countries
- Processing of forest residues into raw materials
- Practical use of biocarbon in metals processing
Excerpts from the speaker's list:
Klaus Peters, ESTEP
– European Perspectives on Biocarbon
Timo Fabritius, Oulu University
– The TOCANEM Program
Nicklas Tarantino, Sustainable Steel Region
– SamForsk Climate
Magnus Berg, Swedish Forest Industries
– Available Fossil-free Resources (SE)
Heikki Sonninen, Torrec Oy
– Availability of Wood-based Biocarb. (SF)
An invitation to the seminar has been sent out via e-mail.
Please contact Robert Vikman, email@example.com, if you would like to participate but have not received an invitation.
Please note that we are following recommendations from The Public Health Agency of Sweden regarding the Covid-19 situation:
A link to the meeting will be sent by e-mail to those who have signed up for participating digitally.
Very welcome in Stockholm in January!
Bo-Erik Pers Kimmo Järvinen
CEO Jernkontoret CEO Metallinjalostajat